Snowmass Summer Activities - Things to Do
Snowmass Village, CO
Elk Camp Gondola & Chairlift
Offered daily, you - and your bike! - can ride the Elk Camp Gongola to mid-mountain reaching nearly 10,000 feet and enjoy miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. ACES nature walks, disc golf, climbing wall, fishing and special programs offered for adults. Friday through Sunday, take the Elk Camp lift to the 11,300-foot summit where you can soak up breathtaking views of the famed Maroon Bells or enjoy a hike back down to the Elk Camp Gondola on our new Summit trail. After you've worked up an appetite, have lunch on-mountain at Elk Camp Cafe or dinner in base village at Sneaky's Tavern. Mountain bikes are available for rent at Four-Mountain Sports. And be sure to take advantage of the FREE parking in the base village parking garage all summer!
|Snowmass Operation:||Daily: June 21 - September 2, 2019|
Weekends: Sept. 6-8, 13-15, 20-22, 27-29, Oct. 4-6
Elk Camp Gondola Hours: 9 am - 4 pm (last ride down at 4:15 pm)
Elk Camp Chairlift Hours: 9 am - 3 pm (last ride down at 3:15 pm)
|Aspen Operation:||See the Aspen Mountain Activities|
|2019 Summer Sightseeing Ticket|
Gain an elevated perspective with a gondola ride, a chair lift ride (only at Snowmass) and enjoy a range of free on-mountain activities, from our climbing wall to disc golf. Purchase 3 days in advance through Stay Aspen Snowmass and enjoy 20% off.
* Tickets are available in 1 day iterations only for both Snowmass and Aspen Mountain. You must specify which mountain when ordering.
FREE parking is available at the base village garage all summer. Through Labor Day, the Sky Cab gondola will run daily between base village and upper Snowmass Village from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Sky Cab is FREE!
Elk Camp Gondola & Chairlift at Snowmass Location
The Elk Camp Gondola, Village Express Lift and Sky Cab are located in the Base Village. The is no exact address for the lifts but the address for Four-Mountain Kids (Treehouse Kid's Adventure Center) is 120 Lower Carriage Way, Snowmass CO, which is in the same plaza. Take the Elk Camp Gondola to get to the Elk Camp Chairlift.
Activities on Snowmass
Activities' information is subject to change
- Miles of trails, from gentle roads to challenging singletrack, await novice to expert riders and hikers. Snowmass welcomes mountain bikes, and mountainboards. The Burlingame lift will take you and your equipment up the mountain where you can discover trails of every level. Mountain biking and mountainboarding lessons are available for ages 6 through adult at Camp Aspen Snowmass, located at the end of the Snowmass Village Mall.
- Mountain bikes and mountainboards are available to rent at Four-Mountain Sports/D&E.
- Check out the Snowmass Bike Park page.
- Bring a blanket and picnic basket of food and non-alcoholic beverages to Fanny Hill on Thursdays at 6 p.m. and enjoy FREE concerts from reggae to rock to R&B. Beer and wine available for purchase
- More information about Free concerts on the mountain.
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at (888) 649-5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.