5 Insider Tips When You’re on The Hill
Image: The Little NellMany people come to Aspen Snowmass for vacation, enjoying the 4 beautiful ski mountains and the delightfully quaint towns of Aspen and Snowmass. Sometimes, with all the fun things to do while on vacation in Aspen Snowmass, it can be hard to know where to start. So, we put together a few of our favorite “insider tips” to Aspen (sometimes called Ajax by locals), Snowmass, Buttermilk and Aspen Highlands.
- Breakfast at Bonnies: Cool mornings on the ski hill are some of the best. If you’re motivated you can get up early, catch the first chair up Aspen and enjoy a delicious breakfast at Bonnies Restaurant. If you go, make sure not to miss their legendary pancakes!
- Après at The Little Nell: Located at the base of Aspen Mountain The Little Nell Hotel offers a multitude of dining options like the Ajax Tavern. Make sure to swing by after getting off the slopes, the view of the mountain along with the ambiance of the Ajax Tavern makes for an excellent drink.
- Buttermilk Panda: Buttermilk Mountain is known throughout the world as the home to the Winter X Games half pipe competition, it is also known as being one of the most family friendly mountains in Colorado. What most people don’t know is that the Buttermilk Ski School keeps a stuffed Panda on hand that children are welcome to carry with them for a run or two. It is rumored that the Buttermilk Panda has a magical ability to turn crying into laughing. Inquire at the Buttermilk Ski School.
- Noon Groom: With all the terrain at Snowmass Mountain it feels like you can never run out of groomed terrain, unfortunately by lunch all the corduroy is sometimes gone. Fortunately, at noon, one run on the mountain gets re-groomed! Ask a ski patroller which run is being groomed and grab some fresh turns right after lunch!
- Highlands Bowl: Ah, Highlands. Known by locals as the “expert’s paradise” Aspen Highlands has a reputation as steep and deep with fresh snow holding on for days after storms. The real beauty of Highlands though, comes from Highland Bowl, a huge open bowl above tree line offering staggering views of nearby Mt. Snowmass and Mt. Daly. Unfortunately, there is no life access so if you do choose to hike to the top of the bowl be prepared with food, water and bellows for lungs!
- Inn at Aspen: The Inn at Aspen offers full ski-in/ski-out service at the base of Buttermilk Mountain along with conference center and meeting space facilities. A perfect location for a business vacation.
- The Little Nell: As Aspen’s only five-star, five-diamond hotel The Little Nell does not disappoint. The ambiance of The Little Nell combined with the ski-in/ski-out convenience makes this a perfect skiing destination.
- Snowmass Mountain Chalet: Considered one of Snowmass Village’s best kept secrets the Snowmass Mountain Chalet offers complimentary full hot breakfast and ski-in/ski-out convenience.
- Westin Snowmass: The Westin Snowmass is in the middle of Snowmass’ Base Village offering incredible ski-in/ski-out convenience in combination with its newly redesigned rooms.
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at 888.649.5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.