Summer Road Trip Guide to Aspen Snowmass
- Idaho Springs & Georgetown: Conveniently located just off I-70 Idaho Springs sports the awesome local brewer Tommyknocker and a beautiful main street. Just up the road, Georgetown is the home of the Georgetown Loop Railroad, for $3 you can take the 30-minute rail ride into the mountains!
- Vail Pass & Shrine Pass Road: The long winding road up vail pass takes you through beautiful Aspen groves and alpine meadows. For a special treat in July you can exit at the rest area and head up Shrine pass road for a beautiful wild flower display.
- Glenwood Canyon & Hanging Lake: Considered the most beautiful part of the drive, Glenwood Canyon sports lush forests hanging from towering cliffs. For an athletic stop head up to Hanging Lake and see this unique and beautiful alpine lake. The hike takes 2-3 hours so be prepared with food and water!
- Glenwood Springs, Carbondale & The Roaring Fork Valley: Exit I-70 and head south on State Highway 82. The first town off the highway is Glenwood Springs and it is known for its delightful hot springs located just off the Colorado River. As you head south towards Aspen make sure to stop in Carbondale and enjoy a Fat Belly Burger while you look over Mount Sopris.
- Leadville: Featuring the National Mining Hall of Fame Leadville is a town steeped in Rocky Mountain History. Make sure to enjoy the museum and the view of the spectacular Sawatch Mountain Range.
- Twin Lakes & Colorado’s Highest Peak: As you leave Leadville will you shortly come to the two huge Twin Lakes and the small town of Twin Lakes. Over the lakes you will be greeted with a view of Colorado’s highest peaks! Mount Massive, Mount Elbert and La Plata Peak. Take lunch in Twin Lakes or stay overnight and attempt to summit one of the surrounding mountains!
- Independence Pass: An engineering feat all on its own this hairpin highway will remind you of the tightest, most beautiful roads in the Alps. Independence Pass is hands down a scenic highlight and is even considered one of the most beautiful places in the state of Colorado. Make sure to drive slowly, enjoy the scenery and stop at the very top of the pass to stand on the continental divide!
- Aspen Square Condominium Hotel: This beautiful condominium hotel offers all the amenities of a hotel and a condo.
- Annabelle Inn: One of the finer Aspen hotels the Annabelle Inn combines the feel and beauty of a classic mountain chalet with all the modern amenities.
- Snowmass Mountain Chalet: The Snowmass Mountain Chalet features a delightful complimentary full hot breakfast and classic resort amenities.
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at 888.649.5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.