Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Getaway
It is finally summer here in Aspen Snowmass! The snow has melted, the alpine flowers are blooming and the days are long. Fortunately, that means Labor Day is just around the corner! With so few long weekends it’s always important to take advantage of these rare treats and what better way to enjoy the holiday than to spend a few days in Aspen Snowmass! Here are our favorite summer activities, perfect for your Labor Day getaway:
- Drive the Pass: Commonly referred to as “the pass” Independence Pass comes from the Arkansas River Valley, past the town of Twin Lakes and up over the Sawatch Range, one of the highest concentrations of 14,000 ft. peaks in the state. This beautiful drive is a great way to enter Aspen Snowmass in the summer and makes a beautiful start to any Labor Day weekend!
- JAS Labor Day Experience: Jazz Aspen Snowmass (JAS) is a local non-profit organization that promotes jazz and related music through a summer long music line up. Fortunately for the Labor Day traveler one of the highlights of the JAS schedule is the Labor Day Experience! This three-day festival features artists like Lake Street Drive, The Roots, Keith Urban and more.
- Snowmass Bike Park: No special Aspen Snowmass weekend would be complete without a day at the Snowmass Bike Park. World renowned for its vast array of beginner to advanced terrain the bike park has something for everyone. Both bike and equipment rentals are available at the mountain.
- Maroon Bells: As some of Colorado’s highest and most beautiful peaks the Maroon Bells should not be missed. These iconic mountains are accessible via car or bus from any RFTA bus station.
Interested? Excited? Already planning your Aspen Snowmass Labor Day get away? Here are our favorite summer lodging spots:
- Annabelle Inn: One of the finer Aspen hotels the Annabelle Inn combines the feel of a classic mountain chalet with all the conveniences and amenities you expect from Aspen.
- Independence Square: One of the best located hotels in Aspen the Independence Square is the only lodge on the downtown walking mall, allowing amazing access to all Aspen has to offer.
- Viceroy Snowmass: Offering bike-in, bike-out access the Viceroy Snowmass is perfectly located for the mountain biker in your group.
- Stonebridge Inn: Newly renovated and offering all of the luxury and amenities you expect from Aspen Snowmass Stonebridge Inn is a great option for your Labor Day weekend.
Call a Local Vacation Expert
Let us do the work for you! Call us at 888.649.5982 - we are happy to help you find the perfect Aspen Snowmass vacation package.